Culture Night 2012 - late night of free cultural events
For one night only, on Friday September 21st, museums, galleries, churches, historic houses, artist’s studios, cultural centres and more, will open their doors late for a free night of entertainment, discovery and adventure. 2012 marks the seventh year of Culture Night and this year’s programme is the most diverse yet, since the renowned late night of free cultural events was created in 2006. People of all ages across the country are encouraged to take advantage of this national night of adventure and discovery, as cultural organisations and regional authorities across a record 34 towns, cities, counties and islands in Ireland pull out all the stops to produce an unforgettable and unique evening of FREE cultural experiences for all to enjoy.
Remember so many of the venues open on Culture Night are open for you to enjoy all year round, so keep your Culture Night programme handy to plan your cultural adventures throughout the year!
Kilkenny events - http://www.culturenight.ie/2012/08/kilkenny-2/
Kilkenny Castle / Butler Gallery Events
Organised by Butler Gallery is 'a very exciting after-hours exploration of reality, fantasy and the spaces in between, with talks, film screenings, atmospheric installations and surprising interventions along the way'. All are very welcome to this free event. Events include:
- 6.30pm - 10pm: Hans Op de Beeck (A seleion of Video Works) which is the current exhibition at The Butler Gallery
- 6.30pm - 10pm: 'The Sand Beneath our Feet''- Artist Michael Holly's sculptural viedo installation at The Sallyport Cellar
- 6.30pm - 10pm: 'The Interim Project' - Gypsy Ray's ethereal photographs of Evan's Home - capture a glimpse into the future home of Butler Gallery, as it awaits transformation at The Muniments Room
- 6.30pm - 10pm: 'Solas Staged' - An exhibition of work by participants aged 5 to 12 years, who completed Solas Staged Workshops, which took place during Kilkenny Arts Festival 2012 exploring the Hans Op de Beeck exhibition at Castle Kitchen Corridor
- 6:30pm: 'What's wrong with this Picture? - Talk by Lynn McGrane at The Parade Tower
- 7:30pm: 'Balance' - exclusive screening from season six of Peabody award-wimming documentary 'Art in the Twenty-first Century' at The Parade Tower
- 9pm: Etaoin Holohan presents Black Pudding Productions 'A New Radio Play' at The Castle Kitchen
- 9:30pm: Experimental Music with Rory Grubb at The Medieval Room
- For further information, please visit www.butlergallery.com / T: +353 56 77 61106
Other Events include:
- Young-Choon Park in concert at Watergate Theatre from 1.10pm - 2pm.
- The Art of Music with Donal Dineen, Gullermo Carrion and Matiu O'Casaide at St. Canice's Cathedral from 7pm.
- Sustainable Writing with Michael Coady and Kit Fryatt in Hole In The Wall from 6pm - 7pm and 8.30pm - 10.30pm.
- Traditional Storytelling Night at the City Library from 8pm.
- Culinary Cutlre at the National Craft Gallery from 4.30pm to 8.30pm
- and much more........