Castlecomer Discovery Park
Castlecomer Demesne Co. Ltd
The Estate Yard,
Easter 2013 + New Activities: PDF Flyer
Prices for 2013 and opening hours at the bottom of the page.
Set in the former gardens and stable yard of the Wandesforde Estate, visitors to Castlecomer Discovery Park can enjoy both indoor and outdoor experiences. The park is located just under 20km north of Kilkenny City. See below for more information on all you can enjoy at Castlecomer Discovery Park!
- Tree Top Adventure Walk - Discover your inner climber by completing the Tree Top Adventure. Walking high above the trees, ten metres above the ground, this 140 metre long course gives a bird's eye view of the park to those brave enough to venture up! (pre-booking is essential)
- Climbing Wall and Leap of Faith - Reach new heights by challenging yourself on our great outdoor climbing wall with several different levels for all to enjoy. Experience our daring 'Leap of Faith' - climb the 7 metre pole, balance on the platform and take a 'leap of faith' aiming for the target before being assisted back to ground level. (pre-booking is essential)
- Coal Mining Exhibtion - The Coal Mining Museum comprises a 45 minute tour through Castlecomer's coal mining past. The exhibition is an interactive multi-media display that takes the visitor on a journey through time. Starting with the formation of the coal 300 million years ago, it brings the visitor through more than 300 years of coal mining history to the closure of the mines in 1969.
- Woodland Trails - With over 80 acres of woodland and lakeside to explore Castlecomer Discovery Park is the perfect place to experience nature, get fit and enjoy the great outdoors.
- Fishing - The grounds of Castlecomer Discovery Park are centred around two rainbow trout fishing lakes. The lower lake is reserved for fly fishing and the upper lake for bait fishing.
- Craft - Choose from handmade pottery, up-cycled furniture and accessories, quirky and precious jewellery from the resident goldsmiths & jewellers and a wide range of other beautiful, covetable items.
- Playground - Come play in our charming timber tumbles playground, mini zip wire and climbing wall.
- Jarrow Café - relax with a coffee, snack or light lunch at the award winning 'Bridgestone' café.
This beautiful park continues to evolve and is actively developing a range of exciting recreational, cultural and educational activities for visitors of all ages. We look forward to welcoming you to the park!
Prices for 2013
- €2 Parking Charge per car per day (towards the upkeep of the Park).
Footprints In Coal:
- €7 Adult
- €6 Student/OAP
- €5 Child
- €20 (2 Adults and 2 Children) each additional child €2
- Child U-4 FREE
Tree Top Walk:
- €12.50 per person, with a 10% discount for two adults and two children.
Climbing Wall and Leap of Faith:
- €10 per person
All three Adventure Activities:
- €20 per person
- €15 per rod for four hours fishing.
Click on the link for more information on opening times: http://www.discoverypark.ie/contact/